When Little Jake became trapped in a burning shed at the age of three years, he was just three weeks old. The dog was rescued by a friend, Bill Lindler, and suffered burns to 75 percent of his body, including his paw .
Unfortunately, his owners abandoned him in the veterinary hospital’s back room because they couldn’t afford to pay for his care.
Luckily for the puppy, the same firefighter who saved him decided to adopt him after reading the news.
Jake recovered rapidly, aided by the concern of those at the Hanahan Fire Department. He’s now a legitimate firefighting mascot that visits colleges to assist with emergency situations.